Here’s what I had in mind for the blog. I’d like to hear other people’s thoughts as well. Maybe we can formulate something together. And, it could always be revised over time. This is a place where students of Rabbi Sacks can discuss, work through, clarify, and apply principles brought up in shiur or on Rambam System. It will serve as an aid in helping us to gain facility with the “zooming” technique through discussing our experiences with it and the resulting insights/challenges/reframing we’ve noticed in our lives that have come about in connection with it. It will be a source of moral support and a sounding board for thoughts and experiences we have as we go through this learning and teshuvah process together. It will provide us with an opportunity to learn from and build upon each others’ experiences with this process of discovery about ourselves and the world around us as we slowly begin to reframe what we see.
Sounds good to me! My only reservation - which is entirely personal - is whether I will be able to sustain a commitment to this blog AND my own blog. This all depends on how I relate to this psychologically: if I relate to it a second blog, then I will probably end up neglecting it in favor of my own; but if I relate to it as a place for discussion and comment, then it will probably work. We'll see what happens!
Here’s what I had in mind for the blog. I’d like to hear other people’s thoughts as well. Maybe we can formulate something together. And, it could always be revised over time.
ReplyDeleteThis is a place where students of Rabbi Sacks can discuss, work through, clarify, and apply principles brought up in shiur or on Rambam System. It will serve as an aid in helping us to gain facility with the “zooming” technique through discussing our experiences with it and the resulting insights/challenges/reframing we’ve noticed in our lives that have come about in connection with it. It will be a source of moral support and a sounding board for thoughts and experiences we have as we go through this learning and teshuvah process together. It will provide us with an opportunity to learn from and build upon each others’ experiences with this process of discovery about ourselves and the world around us as we slowly begin to reframe what we see.
What do you guys think?
Sounds good to me! My only reservation - which is entirely personal - is whether I will be able to sustain a commitment to this blog AND my own blog. This all depends on how I relate to this psychologically: if I relate to it a second blog, then I will probably end up neglecting it in favor of my own; but if I relate to it as a place for discussion and comment, then it will probably work. We'll see what happens!
ReplyDelete